Thursday, October 13, 2005

One Pink Skunk Clown Dead

I have been battleing with an internal bacteria infection in one of my paired pink skunk clownfish. Yesterday, I lost the battle. I came home and saw that he was breathing heavily and being blown around by the current. I knew it was over. What a shame. I am under the impression that the medicine, Maracyn-2, is responsible for deteriorating the tail of the fish. The lack of tail is what caused him to die earlier than necassary. On Sunday, when I quarantined the fish his tail was completely full and fine. Two days later, his tail was completely gone. From now on, I will take pictures of my fish when they are sick and post the problems and the solutions (both the ones that worked and those that failed.)

On a positive note, the remaining pink skunk clown started to host in my xenia! That is so great!

No comments: